Monday 25 July 2011

July 24 Boats Little Boxes of Misery?

Back to Oban to collect the new crew Howard and Charles, Rupes remains. We say goodbye to Ross, who was not only an ace crew member but good fun in his intelligent way. The next week will be a challenge as those coming on board are not very keen to here. Boats being little boxes of misery may  be a saying that comes into play , but I will try my hardest to make it fun.

There is great challenge in living together in confined spaces in sometimes uncomfortable situations. Boats require teamwork, a respect of command structure, consideration, practicallity and mostly flexibility and a large dose of humour. It is often that we must put the feeling of others before our own to rub along. All great life lessons.

Rupes my son has adapted in a way I could only dreamed of. He is suited to life on board and was a valued member of the team, pulling his weight, entertaining us and helping in whatever needed doing. Well done him, I am proud.

Here we go let us see how this week goes. I expect the greatest challenge a skipper faces is pulling together a working crew. this one will be a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment