Monday 1 August 2011

July 31 Moray Firth

Moray Firth


Rumline is having a rest in Inverness and I need to recharge the batteries after a busy week. The familyfinally began to settle into boat life after a week. They have returned to home comfort which will
appreciated after life on a boat. We take much for granted on land.

Car hired a day of exploration took place before they were delivered to the train station. We stopped at Fort George a pristine example of a a fort which guards the water into Inverness. Never thought I could get excited about forts, but I did.  Perhaps I missed my calling and should have joined the forces in my youth.

Afterwards, we drove to Cawdor Castle, which is beautiful and has wonderful gardens. Then to a battlefield, Culloden. It was hard to imagine the bloodshed that took place here.

After a day of mach II tourism the boys were dispatched on the Caledonian sleeper and I returned to a quieter and emptier boat.


Fort George

Cawdor Castle

Flowers

 Garden at Cawdor


No comments:

Post a Comment