Sunday 22 May 2011

May 22 Frustration

ONLY 48 HOURS ASHORE but it feels like forever. Checked the weather force 10 tomorrow so no go for Rumline. Having spent most of today up on the north shore and having witnessed the huge seas I am frustrated but glad to be safely tucked up in a comfortable place.
Emerald fields

Carrick a rede

Glens

Carrick a Rede

Beautiful Rugged Coast

Guillemots


North antrim

Belfast Murals

I went to Carrick a Rede today a rope bridge suspended high above the water between a headland and a rock island. The salmon run through here and in the past men risked their lives dropping nets to catch the precious salmon. We must alway appreciate every fish that reaches our plate as fishing is often a hard and dangerous occupation. So as I ate my cod I said thank you to the man who caught it.
Stangford Lough was visited as well as the docks in Belfast where Titanic was built and launched. Perhaps the Mountains of Mourne tomorrow?
I will forget my frustration and make the most of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment